DIAMUN 2019 - Committee and Theme
Globalization through Technological & Environmental Advancements
Committee and Topics
General Assembly 1 (GA-1)
- The implementation of a legal framework to regulate Foreign Military Aid
- Methods to prevent advanced manufacturing of weapons of mass destruction
- Methods to effectively increase cyber security through technological advancements in Central Asia.
General Assembly 3 (GA-3)
- The question of Digital Privacy.
- Measures taken to improve cultural education in urbanised regions in South Asia.
- Methods to preserve and prevent the extinction of endangered languages in the face of global advancements.
General Assembly 4 (GA-4)
- International co-operation in the peaceful use of outer space
- Discussing the effects of immigration on the environment and economy
- Addressing the issue of climate refugees in the South- Asian region
Security Council (SC)
- The Situation in the Lake Chad Basin
- The Situation in Iran
League of Arab States (LAS)
- Understanding the need to adapt to alternative sources of income generation due to depleting oil sources in order to sustain a healthy future.
- Developing and reforming policies in order to achieve a low carbon footprint in the Middle East.
- Evaluating the impacts and future implications of the increased use of technology in methods of education.
African Union (AU)
- Reaffirming the role of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) in achieving a sustainable future.
- Implementing effective measures to promote policies and programmes for inclusive growth and job creation within the African Union
- Measures taken to improve the healthcare sector through technological advancements.
World Energy Forum (WEF)
- The question of implementing green technology for small and medium-sized enterprises in LEDCs to improve economic sustainability.
- Evaluating the impact of robotic agricultural practices in LEDCs with regard to their effect on the economy.
Nuclear Security Summit (NSS)
- Reaffirming the role of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in the strengthening of nuclear security.
- Importance of the appropriate usage of Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) with regards to its disposal and conversion to safer materials and resources.
Environment Commission (EC)
- Introducing new policies and systems with the use of technology in order to preserve the depleting water resources.
- Tackling the illegal trade of wildlife in order to preserve our ecosystem.
- Evaluating the impacts and future implications of genetic engineering.
Advisory Panel (AP)
- The implementation of the sustainable extraction of resources in Central Africa
- The question of changes in farming technologies in Central Africa
- The question of improvements in the telecommunication infrastructure for the betterment of trade and education in Central Africa.
Youth Assembly (YA)
- The question of oil spills on the Mexican Coast
- Measures to reduce pollution through sustainable means in first world countries
- The problem of Economic Inequality
Special Conference (SPC)
- Understanding the importance of effectively implementing Artificial Intelligence (AI), within the farming industry
- Formulating strategies to increase the usage of Carbon-neutral fuels in the transportation industry
Special Conference Arabic (SPCA)
- Promoting education for all age groups in the MENA region
- Measures taken to control the supply and usage of illicit weaponry
- Understanding and promoting ways to improve the socio-economic conditions in the MENA region
Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Addressing the issue of monopolies and their consumerist behavior on current economies.
- Addressing the issue of unemployment due to technological advancements.
- Developing effective strategies to address and reduce the impact of cyber attacks due to technological advancements.
International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- (Ukraine vs China): Convention on elimination of all forms of racial discrimination (CERD)
Human Rights Council (HRC)
- Implementing policies that deal with the eradication of poverty and development in LEDCs
- Questioning the economic and social impacts of child labour in Africa
- The question of the Rohingya people
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Measures taken to create job opportunities for men and women in the MENA region
- Developing effective measures to eradicate poverty
- Measures taken by member nations to implement the sustainable development goals to improve the economic and social conditions of the country